Join Our Strategic Planning Committee!
We are currently embarking on a strategic planning process to define Signal Fire’s future programming and structure, while continuing to grow in our understanding of what it means to center justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. In order to do this work fully, meaningfully, and in collaboration with a diversity of perspectives, we would like to open our Strategic Planning process up to dedicated supporters from our Alumni community.
Apply by filling in the short interest form linked below. Applications received by April 15 will be given first consideration. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Strategic Planning Committee Position Description:
We are looking for interested alumni to serve as members on our Strategic Planning Committee. Our 4 month Strategic Planning process will create a roadmap for the organization, enabling us to reinstate programming in 2023 while realigning with our mission.
We hope that those involved will be committed to advancing environmental and social justice awareness amongst artists and creative agitators while working collaboratively with a diverse group.
In our Strategic Planning process we will set goals to define & re-align our:
- Commitments to justice, equity, diversity, access, and inclusion
- Future programming model
- Organizational structure & capacity needs
- Budget needs
Strategic Planning Committee Members will be asked to join monthly meetings and participate in group decision making, in addition to independently supporting select projects such as:
- Conducting listening sessions/interviews (with alumni & aligned orgs)
- Researching & writing brief reports on organizational structure, programming models, and budget realities
- Collaboratively defining our organizational goals and strategies for the years ahead
- Assessing the working process through a justice, equity, diversity, access, and inclusion lens
Through the 4 month planning process, we estimate that Strategic Planning Committee members will need about 6-8 hours of free time per month for this work, but we will work together to co-create a mutually beneficial work plan that takes your schedule into account!
Since meetings are mostly virtual, we welcome geographic diversity.
Desired Interest & Experience:
At this moment in Signal Fire’s development, we are seeking people with interest or experience in any of the following areas:
- Strategic planning
- Non-profit workflows
- Non-profit organizational development & strategy
- Community organizing
- Justice, equity, diversity, access, and inclusion initiatives
- Familiarity with art of any discipline, design, environmental issues, or activism is also welcome but not necessary.
Signal Fire Mission:
Signal Fire provides opportunities for artists and creative agitators to engage with our remaining wildlands.
Our projects foster resilience, creative energy, and interdisciplinary collaboration. We utilize public lands to advocate for equitable access, and protection of wild and open places.